Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moving again & I'm a slacker of all kinds

I noticed it has been six looooong months since I blogged. I've been so busy busy busy!
Our year long tour here in Leavenworth, Kansas will come to an end in less than two days. It's been such a nice place to live, minus the blizzard, negative temperatures and tornadoes and the freaking wind! I think I will mostly miss riding by the prison several times a week and explaining to my child that is where bad children go when they don't mind their mommy's! Nah, I'm just kidding, a little.
Leavenworth has been an adjustment year for our family too. We started this year off with Michael returning from a year long deployment to Iraq. We were able to officially begin our life as a family of five (Darcy was born while he was away) and it's the first time in our relationship that Michael and I have ever spent a solid year together without him deploying or going on TDY somewhere.

I'm going to miss this place and all the wonderful friends we have made, but I'm ready to get on with it and go to the beach, visit friends and family in Georgia and make the cross country journey with three kids in tow to the Pacific Northwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment