Saturday, June 25, 2011

How often do you bathe your children?

I recently read a post on a "board" where a question was asked about how often do you bathe your children. I was stunned by some answers. I will warn you, if you don't think you are going to like what I am going to have to say, stop reading now. EYE MUFFS!

I tend to bathe my three hooligans every night. These are the ONLY circumstances where they wouldn't get a bath every night: We've been gone to a friends house for dinner and we get home past 10:00 PM (extremely rare), they had a bath the night before and they did absolutely nothing (insert bad mother comments here) and I am too lazy to give them one. If those events did not occur, their little biscuits are getting a "warsh" (that's how my hubby's grandmother says it, too cute).

I was STUNNED to read that some people only bathe their kids once a week. Really, do they only wash their ass only once a week too? Then I read where some have to have a calendar to "remind" them to bathe their kids. OMFG! How do you "forget" to bathe your child? Do they forget to feed them too?

It's called parenting people. Take care of your children. Love them, nurture them, make sure they are CLEAN. Smelly kids stink and they'll be made fun of for years, plus a bath will make them feel so much better and rest more peacefully.

Leave a nasty comment and I'll sic my 2 year old on you...he bites!

1 comment:

  1. I've run across this post clearly a year late (plus I don't know you), but this is hilarious! And I 100% agree with you (with the exception of the kids with excema or other problems where a doctor recommends less bathing). Bathe your kids, people! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete