Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Spotacus

Tristan has a new nickname, Spotacus or Spot as Tobbie has been calling him. We woke up Monday morning to a few little red spots. By lunch time, we probably had about 75 and then it just took off. We have the Chicken Pox ladies and gentleman! And it ain't pretty or fun to watch a child go thru. I mean he is covered from head to toe! If you take your eyes off him for two seconds, more appear.

Guess what people, there is a little thing called the Chicken Pox vaccine! Go out and get one for you and your kids today or at least notify someone when you have them!
Tristan just got his first vaccine for it at his 12month checkup, so he didn't have enough immunity built up to prevent him from getting it.

So, Thank you to the individual that passed this along to my poor sweet baby. He is very miserable thanks to you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am so sorry tristan! Feel better soon. Lots of aveeno baths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is terrible!! I am so sorry you have to grow through this-and Poor Tristan!! I HATED the chicken pox as I child, I can't imagine having a baby with it :( I hope he feels better soon!!
    BTW I LOVE the Roxie Dean song "A Soldiers Wife" on your blog-makes me cry everytime I hear it!!

    ReplyDelete