Sunday, March 7, 2010

I am self-reliant...

Yes, that is right. Some of you may laugh at that word (that would be you dear 2nd Bn,1SFG(A) ladies). But this statement is true. I am a self- reliant woman. I am insane over this "war on terror", but it defines my life. I have a husband currently deployed (he left two mornings ago, boo on that) and I am now at home with a 4 year old, almost 15 month old and a 3 week old. I do have family and friends to help out when I need it, but for the most part, I am basically a single mother that stays at home with her children. Let us bow our heads in prayer now and pray that I don't become a raging alcoholic by the time the Major returns home this summer!

So basically I have had two nights completely by myself with all 3 children. It wouldn't be so rough if a certain 4 year old would sleep through the night. She wakes up screaming to get into bed with me and screams so loud that she wakes Tristan up and then Darcy wakes up. Tristan and Darcy are easy to get down, but Tobbie is a different story.


I knew that this over a year long deployment was going to be hard for our family, especially for Tobbie, but I didn't know to what extent it was going to affect her. Luckily we are on the downslide and only have 3 1/2 months left! Then we move.

Life is wonderful and rich for us right now. We (GI Mike and I) discovered that we have a lot to work on as a couple and as a family as a whole when he returns and when we move. Not saying our marriage is in trouble or anything, but when you have been seperated for so long and add in a new family member and moving, you are bound to need to work on things. Personally, anyone that wouldn't have trouble w/ it would worry me.

So, for the next 3 1/2 months, I am going to do all that I can to keep me and the three wee ones extremely busy. I pray it will make the time go by faster. And to sum it all up, yes, I am self-reliant!

here is a photo of my stud muffin shortly before leaving for the airport on Friday. Man I miss him so much.
XOXO Meat!


Oh, and Tobbie had opening ceremonies for soccer yesterday, isn't she cute?!?

1 comment:

  1. Blake was/is going through this same stage. He wakes up SCREAMING to come into bed with me. And I always ran into his room, took him pee, and let him sleep the rest of the night with me. However, last night when he did it, I took him pee and then witnessed a total tantrum when I took him back to his own bed. I told him if he didn't shut his mouth, I'd be back to put vinegar in it :)

    ReplyDelete