Friday, August 27, 2010

Rotten

I am so very grateful for the benefits we receive as a Military family. We are blessed with wonderful health, dental and vision insurance. We have an Exchange (PX) where we pay no tax on items (plus they take coupons!) and we have our commissaries. (And don't forget the FANTABULOUS Class 6)

Commissaries. Yep, the wonderful commissary where you do not pay tax but you do pay a small surcharge on your total to cover the costs of running it. The baggers there work for tips only and not only are majority of items 30% cheaper than your normal grocery store, they also accept coupons (majority of manufacturs publish coupons only for commissaries, plus, if you are stationed overseas, the commissaries will take a coupon six months past it's expiration date).

Why am I blogging about the commissary? Because I am tired of purchasing produce and getting it home and it rotting 2 days later. Seriously. I am tired of wasting my money on produce that is cheaper and it just rotting. This week, I have had my strawberries, carrots, a couple of oranges and a few apples rot. Oh, and my corn. I will no longer purchase my produce there. I will pay more moolah for better produce. I'm thinking of joining an organic co-op. I hope they don't send me any beets. YUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment