Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas is over, the good and bad





Christmas is over. I always seem a little sad the day after Christmas. I guess the reason is that my birthday and Christmas are only 10 days apart and unlike people with other month birthdays, they have a different month to look forward to that celebrates them. I am extremely grateful for the special people in my life that help men to celebrate my day (seriously, thank you Tristan for putting me in labor on my birthday, it will be one I will never forget), but I have always wanted to have a pool party growing up. And I have blessed both of my children with December and January winter birthdays and they will experience the same thing. That is the bad.



The good is that I can take down the big tree in my living room and get it back in "order". I think everyone in our house was very happy with what Santa brought them. Tobbie has fallen in love with her new doll house (I think Santa 'bout became an alcoholic from putting it together) and it literally looked like Toys R Us exploded in our living room.n Tristan did what most 9 day old infants do, he slept. I think the funniest thing was Tobbie freaking out over the milk and cookies being gone when she woke up. I don't think she quite understood the whole Santa thing, but she understood enough to know that he was going to leave her presents. Oh, and if you ask her where Santa lives, she will tell you "at the mall". All because she saw him at the mall. Kids are so darn cute!

I will post pictures in the morning because I am too lazy to go downstairs to get the camera and upload the megazillion photos we took yesterday. Enjoy your weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You could always celebrate their "1/2 birthday" in the summer with a small pool party! :)Funny, b/c my birthday is at the end of June. I always wanted a birthday during the school year so that my friends would be in town to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete