Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!


Well, as of today I am another year older. I have realized that I am lazy at a lot of things and I really have no excuse for it. With 2008 coming to an end and 2009 fast approaching, our family has and will have a lot of changes going on.

Currently, we are awaiting the arrival of baby Tristan Bradly to join our family to round it out to 4 (7 if you count the dogs and Buddy the guinea pig). Multiple times a day Tobbie asks when her baby Tristan is going to come home. How I wish I had an answer for her, but I don't and I can only tell her soon. I can't be pregnant forever right? I am starting to feel like an elephant and am wondering if I will carry this child for 22 or so months. My gracious doctor offered to induce me on Christmas Eve, but I have turned him down. Tobbie is really into Christmas this year and thou she doesn't know the exact day, I would know that I messed up her Christmas one year. And, what if Tristan hated me for the rest of his life for "choosing" that to be his birthday? Dr. Batig did say that they would induce at 42 weeks if he hasn't arrived by then. So Sarah and Elvis, Tristan could be joining you on the birthday festivities on January 8th. But I think Michael will take the Doc out in the hallway and show him what he is made of if this kid isn't born in 2008. Who wouldn't want an additional tax deduction?

Another wonderful thing is Michael was promoted to Major 2 weeks ago! Now I can go and do some "Major" spending as my mother in law put it. Michael didn't find that too funny when I told him. Oh well, I can blame it on Christmas and being pregnant for the time being!

In other wonderful news, Princess Tobbie is potty training! Today will be day 5 of no diapers. She is in love with her panties. The only problem is she doesn't want to poop in the potty and we had a fight over it last night. I have decided to let her win on that fight for the time being. She does however ask for her night night panties (pull ups) when she has to go. I can go with that. The only problem is she keeps asking for Deigo panties. They do not make Deigo panties. Deigo is for boys and it makes her mad. I can't decide if I will let her wear "boy" underwear. It keeps messing with my head.

Well, that is currently all I have to say. I know that I have tried this once before and I let it fall to pieces, but a new year is approaching and now that I am "older and grown up", I can stick with it.

1 comment:

  1. The Diego Panty thing is too cute. I saw where a mom plain white undies (did it for a boy) and sewed a patch on them for her child since they couldn't find the kind he wanted in the store. Since you'll have lots of free time with baby #2 :) you can whip something up for her!

    Good luck with the new blog. IT looks great so far! Oh, and congrats to Mike! Zach's number falls on Jan 1. Good timing with 3 little ones and a move out of the country!

    ReplyDelete