Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

Ok, Michael went to church today with the kids and I, and it didn't burn down! Just teasing. But he for realz went to church! He responded the way I knew he would, and that is ok.

Well, since my stud-muffin is leaving soon, we decided to do Easter at our house and had all of his family and all of my mom's family over. Michael smoked his famous
Mike Hunt's pulled pork and he smoke a turkey. I made home made bbq sauce, greens, corn casserole, brocolli/cheese/rice casserole, dill cole slaw, deviled eggs, macaroni n cheese, rotel chicken and a veggie tray. Others brought side dishes and desserts. But Paula Deen better watch out because My sis-n-law Sarah made a green bean casserole! We can laugh about this because she doesn't cook, nada, not at all. It's alright because we love her and that is what makes her Sarah!


We had a lot of fun hiding 254 eggs for 7 children. Yes, 254 eggs! 25 of those eggs had money in them and my child didn't get a single one! How crazy is that? She doesn't mind because she got enough m&m's today to last her a life time.
I don't think she quite understood about the Easter Bunny, but he brought her candy and a basket of other goodies, so he was cool in her eyes!

Easter Bunny brought her a rapping chick that sang "Tootsie Roll"


On a different note, I got a great shot of my grandmother, mother, tobbie & myself. I'll post it, but I am going to use it as part of a mother's day gift mom, so don't be printing it out for anyone, including yourself!
4 generations

My favorite reason for loving Easter is because it symbolizes new beginnings. 3 years ago on Easter Sunday (April 17, 2006), I got to bring my sweet baby girl home from the hospital. After four long months in the hospital, she was finally mine to bring home to care for. I love that little strong willed child. Her fiestyness got her thru some very bad times and now she is testing me with it!This photo was taken shortly before her discharge from Madigan.

Hope everyone had a great Easter, little man is calling!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I am so happy for your family and that Miss Tobbie is so "strong!"

    ReplyDelete