Monday, April 13, 2009

Re-Cap of Savannah trip

Ok, I just downloaded the photos from mine and Michael's trip to Savannah.

Our first order of business was to stop and eat some oysters on the half shell. We seriously ate 4 dozen oysters, 1lb. of shrimp, and 1lb. of craw fish. It was of course washed down by some deliciously strong frozen cocktails from Wet Willies.




ok, this last photos is what was blocking our view of the Savannah River. Thanks EPA!


Later that night we went on our Haunted Pub Crawl and it was a drag, sorry no photos to share. Saturday we went to Tybee Island and took a short stroll on the beach and had more yummy cocktails at Fannie's on the Beach. Prior to that, we had lunch at the Crab Shack. OMG we made ourselves sick from eating so much food!



This last photo is of the cute alligator farm at the Crab Shack.

Saturday night we went out to a nice restaurant, The Bull Street Chop House. I think we seafooded ourselves out! Is that even possible? Well, I pulled a Pretty woman move (from the movie). Somehow while I was cutting my steak, I flipped my $60 lobster tail on the floor! I was laughing so hard, I couldn't pick it up right away. I did and I ate it and it was yum, yum! After dinner we went over to Michael's favorite hang out, "The Velvet Elvis Lounge". We watched a Guns-N-Roses tribute band and they were awesome! Too bad we were both too drunk to fully enjoy it!

We finished our trip with a nice brunch that consisted of a blue crab fritata, fresh fruit and grits. I finished it off by purchasing 1 1/2lb. of pralines. Sorry there aren't any photos of the pralines, I ate them so fast there wasn't anytime for that!

I had a wonderful trip and it will be a long time before he and I get the chance to do it again. What an awesome man, I love him.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!!! I live only a few hours away from Savannah, so I should go..I've never been!

    ReplyDelete