Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moving day has arrived

I can't believe it, Moving Day has arrived!!! It feels like foreversince we have moved. Well, it has only been three years, but this is the longest we have ever been stationed somewhere. I am excited but also sad to be leaving Fort Lewis. Our lives have changed drastically here.

We found our way to Fort Lewis because of Tobbie. Being born so early, she had to be transported Stateside for her health care (inpatient and outpatient), and since Michael's unit's headquarters is here, he was able to stay within his unit and just be placed in a different position. I love living here and enjoy all the fun things there are to do here in the Pacific Northwest, BUT I HATE the weather! It rains way too much here. I cannot stand the rain.

I am sad because Fort Lewis has been so life changing for us. I've brought two babies home from the hospital, survived a deployment,lost a friend to the war, celebrated our 5 year anniversary, and muddled thru the ups and downs of a marriage. I have met and made friends with some amazing strong women (De Refresho We Share). The summers here are amazing, minus it being too cold to go swimming and there aren't any outdoor swimming pools. Mt. Rainier is beautiful on a clear day (har, har, har) and the Puget Sound and its rocky beach is gorgeous for a picnic on a sunny day.

Ok, on to new adventures, Georgia (gnats, mosquitoes, hot humid weather, and SUNSHINE), here we come!

but tonight I must attend the 3rd Annual Fort Lewis Mock Dining In, First in Asia, First Across the Globe. We will rock in our Kimono's!



No comments:

Post a Comment