Monday, February 23, 2009

Flying High

Well, the kids and I made it. We missed our original flight, but we made it! I haven't flown since last April and boy have the airlines changed! To begin with, I originally purchased our tickets (3 one-way) tickets for $149 each. Not too shabby for traveling cross country. Well, I overslept (I am not a snooze hitter and I hit the off button instead of snooze...enough said) and it cost me almost $800 to change our flight. I didn't even pay $500 for the original tickets! Yes, I said $800, as in extra, in addition to the original $500! This is precisely why you should get up when your alarm goes off. Thank you my dear sweet hubby, why did that rub off on me? I wish your organizational skills or something else would have, but no, it was the alarm issue! Ok, enough on that. I will do my best to never bring it up again. It is over. Done.

Well, here are some applauses / complaints over US Airways. First off, they were wonderful helping me with all my CRAP and the two kids. Traveling alone with a 3 year old and a 2 month old is not an easy task. I did it, and I did it good because I am an Army wife and because that is just how I roll. Kudos to US Airways for making it smoother (I think that is what the extra $800 went to). Well, I knew they were charging for drinks on the flight, but 2 'effn dollars for a canned coke and bottled water?! Were they trying to rip me a new butt hole? What was worse about the bottled water was that it wasn't even Dasani, Figi, or any other good brand. It was the cheap Spring water I buy at the commissary for $2.99 a case! For what I paid on the plane, I could have bought for a quarter of the people on the flight! Well, they stuck it to me good. I then bought Tobbie a snack pack for $5 because I didn't have time to stop to get her anything to eat between the flights and it had tuna salad in it. Seriously, why put tuna salad in a snack pack, on a plane? Who wants to smell that? Literally nothing for PURCHASE for a small child to enjoy. They didn't even give the poor girl any little plastic wings!

I do have to say that Miss Tobb's did fantabulous on the flights! She only had one little melt down. Tristan never opened his eyes. For real, he never opened his eyes between check-in in Seattle until we got to baggage claim in Atlanta. He nursed and burped, but never made a peep and never opened those precious baby blues! My good little boy!

We also went to look at our new house yesterday. It is so cute and I can't wait to move in this week! The yard is so amazing. The movers will be there on Thursday to deliver our household goods. I can't wait to set it up.

Well, I need to go get ready and truck on down to the Air Force base to get all our stuff set up and to see how much they are going to like us Army folk.

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say dear friend that I am so very proud of you! I miss you even more though. Give kisses and lovies to the babies for me. I will make sure we get a visit planned soon because I don't want to miss out on too much more of Tobbie getting so big and I am dying to meet the new little man. Love you...

    ReplyDelete