Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So long drive thru coffee shops, hello drive thru liquor stores

Yes, you read the title right! Until we arrived in Washington, I don't think I had ever seen a drive thru coffee shop. I remember being so amazed at all the little coffee huts (especially the bikini/topless/fantasy day ones). Where once I thought Starbucks was the bomb (they are in a way), I have grown such an appreciation for fresh, I mean freshly brewed coffee. I crave coffee now. But still, I can't get over the amount of drive thru liquor stores here! CULTURE SHOCK!

Well, yesterday I made some major accomplishments. I got the kids and I enrolled in this region for our health insurance, bought a refrigerator for the new house, visited with my grandparents, dropped my wedding band, engagement ring & anniversary ring off to be cleaned up and soldered together, got the information to sign Tobbie up for t-ball and lastly, we found Tobbie a new school! Well, it is the hourly day care on base, but we call it school and she was so excited to be near other children her age. We only went to take a tour and to get all the information we needed and as soon as she walked into the class room, she tore her jacket off and made a bee line for the other kids! She turned and looked at me and told me "these are my friends!". It was so cute. The class room has two guinea pigs (benny pigs as she calls them) and she started telling the teacher all about her benny pig Buddy and that he is gone (yes, we are bad parents. we got rid of the kids guinea pig). She will start going sometime next week and boy did we have a time getting her to leave the class room. Made me sad.

Today I am meeting up with my bestestest friend in the entire world, Hannah. Hannah and I have been friends since we met when I was a freshman in highschool. She just had a baby girl, Olivia. Unfortunately, Miss Olivia has the same patience as Miss Tobbie. Olivia decided to arrive early at 29 weeks. So, there is something else to bring Hannah and I even closer (not that I would wish prematurity on anyone). I can't wait to get my hands on that little baby girl and I can't wait for my little stud muffin Tristan to meet his future wife! I have already arranged their marriage, just don't tell her daddy John!

No comments:

Post a Comment