Friday, March 20, 2009

Callaway Gardens

We headed west today and took a trip to Callaway Gardens. I hadn't been there in years and I don't think Michael had ever been. Tobbie LOVED it! The first place we stopped off at was the butterfly house. She was so in awe of all the butterflies, but scared at the same time. I got an evil look from one of the elderly workers there because my loving husband shouts out, "Virginia, watch where you are going, you just killed that butterfly!" Nice considering you aren't even allowed to touch the butterflies, but the darn thing was on the ground and I rolled over him with the stroller. It's a boat of a stroller and I couldn't see the darn thing! Thanks for calling me out my dear husband. smooches right back at ya!

After the butterfly house, we headed over to the Virginia Hand Discovery Center and ate our picnic lunch by the lake. We were literally the only people there. After our yummy lunch, Michael and Tobbie spent some quality time discovering tad poles and throwing pine cones and sticks into the lake.

Our next stop was the horticulture exhibit. Being a silly mommy (kicking myself here), I decided to NOT take in my camera. WTF? I take pictures of everything and the one place I decide to not take it, I see the most beautiful plants ever. They had plants shaped like bunnies and little chicks, wish I could show you, sorry.

Upon our exit of the horticulture exhibit, someone decided to start going SUPERNOVA on us, so we decided to call it a day and head back east.

We had a fantastic family day and it will be one that we will treasure for a long time.

an owl butterfly, the kind I killed with the stroller


scouting for butterflies with daddy


a look of amazement


Tobbie and I enjoying ourselves


a walk with daddy


she loves the outdoors


Tristan enjoying the gardens


smelling the flowers

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know....I miss the hell out of you guys. I miss the babies, I miss hanging out doing girlie stuff, I miss holding Tobbie, I miss the boys doing "there" thing, and what I miss the most is getting to meet T-Bone! Love You dear friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete