Monday, March 30, 2009

Dearest Tristan

I am going to take a cue from Mandie here.

My dearest Tristan,

I love you more than life itself. You are Mommy's little prince, my badge of honor, and my mini-stud. I am so blessed that I have been able to breastfeed you since birth and that you have never had a bottle of formula. I wasn't able to breastfeed your sister because of her prematurity, but I was given this opportunity with you. It is our special bonding time and something that only I can do for you. Your survival depends on my body providing you with the nutrients that you need to thrive and grow into a healthy little boy. But my darling, your daddy and I are going away this weekend for some "mommy/daddy" time and I really need to to learn how to drink from a bottle. Your Grammy and Mimi need you to do this to make it easier on them. Remember that they will have your sister to deal with also. You know she is a princess and requires a lot of attention. Just please let me know that you can take a bottle so I won't spend my entire weekend worrying about you. Please take the bottle baby, Grammy and Mimi may not have the patience to feed you like a little birdie. You are a big boy, take the bottle, you will love it, I promise.

love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. That's cute that you wrote him a letter. Sorry he got sick & hopefully you guys can either still go or go out together soon! I was glad to be lucky enough to breastfeed Taryn & I wish I could with Aili too!

    ReplyDelete