Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm a lucky girl

Yep, I am a lucky girl! Today is mine and Michael's anniversary. We have been married 6 whole years! WOW is all I have to say. About six weeks after we got married I thought about it and came up with this: "Marriage is the best and worst thing I could have ever done for myself." And it is true. There are days when I just want to strangle the crap out of him, but he does hold the key to my heart and I love him dearly.
here are some funny memories I have of us:

On our wedding night, leaving the reception, we decided we needed more beer to go along with the picnic of food the caterer had put up for us, plus we needed gas. My dear darling new husband didn't want me to have to pump gas in my wedding gown, so he had me go in to buy the beer. I know it sounds redneck, and maybe it was a little.

Also on our wedding night (we stayed at Henderson Village, an old slave plantation) when we both smoked, we locked ourselves out of the cottage we were in, in our robes. Michael had to walk a mile in his robe to the front desk!

After each miscarriage he held me tight and promised me that one day we would have the most beautiful family, and he has given me the most beautiful children in the world.

One Christmas we were decorating the outside of our house and he decided that he wanted to be Clark Griswold. So he got out his ladder and climbed on the top of the house and went to stapling! He put so many lights on that roof it wasn't funny. I had to talk him out of writing our names in the lights!

Probably the most funny thing is we went "hiking" on Pine Mountain when we lived at Ft. Benning. We got caught in a storm on a 1 mile "hike". That 1 mile turned out to be 8, in a thunderstorm. I was pissed!

I love that guy and look what he gave me for our anniversary. This is two years in a row that I have gotten diamonds.



and I got my haircut yesterday

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 6 wonderful years. May the next 6 be as blessed & full of memories as you find yourselves now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great present! He did good again. I hope you two have a special day with eachother. Marriage really is work. I am so thankful for mine but there are days that I really want to lock him in a closet! Love you and xoxo to the babies.....

    ReplyDelete