Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The world must...

be coming to an end!!! But first let me explain my darling 3 year old's eating habits.


As a smaller child, ages 1-2, she ate pretty well and would eat what was put in front of her for her meals. I have never required her to eat all of the food on her plate, but she is expected to eat a decent amount. I have tried to space her meals and snacks to proper times and I have also tried to offer her "healthy" options.

Maybe it is her age or her strong willed personality, but she has been a pill to deal with the past year regarding food. She and I literally have arguments over it and she has landed her fanny in time out more than any child should go to time out.

Fast forward to this past week...

The child ate an entire hamburger at McDonald's yesterday! Some may find it repulsive that I feed my child fast food or even bizarre that it is a big deal that she ate a hamburger. But this little lady had become a chicken nugget girl and that was about all she would eat.

Last night she ate beef and broccoli stir fry with RICE! The kid hates rice. She has also eaten mangos, grapes, and bananas. Oh, and drum roll please.... she ate mac n cheese! She would never touch mac n cheese, now she loves it!

I am praying that we have made a permanent turn in our diets around here (hers). My goal while at the beach next week is for her to eat shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment